Argentina: Falls, Missions & The North -12 Days
- This tour touches on some of the less known areas of the country such as the Jesuitical Missions in San Ignacio, Argentina, where you will visit the ruins of this era.
- Famous Torrontes white wine, Magnificent ‘7 Colors Mountain’, Train to the Clouds, Devil’s Gorge
- Appreciate one of the natural wonders of the world—Iguazu Falls.
- Tour Code: AFMNAZ15
Day 1 Buenos Aires/Salta—Arrival, transfer to National Airport for flight to Salta. Transfer to 4* hotel.
Day 2 Iguazu—Full day excursion to Argentinean side of the Iguazu Falls, 3 important circuit with the ecological train reaching the famous fall “Devil’s Gorge.
Day 3 Iguazu—Half day morning excursion to the Iguazu Falls (Brazilian side) for view of the San Martin Island, the falls that belong to Argentina. At the end of the path, we can reach the Floriano fall, where we access the panoramic elevator to observe the Devil’s Gorge at 150 meters of distance.
Day 4 Jesuitical Missions—Excursion to Jesuitical Missions, in San Ignacio, Argentina. 240 kilometers from Foz do Iguaçu. The visit starts in a didactical museum. The Guarani Indians and the Jesuitical priests formed exemplary communities, during XVI and XVII centuries, until they were destroyed by the Portuguese colonizers, Spaniards and Brazilians. It’s possible to visit the remains, which lasted 158 years (1609-1767).
Day 5 Iguazu/Salta —Transfer to airport and flight to Salta.. Transfer to the hotel.
Day 6 salta/Purmamarca—Morning tour Purmamarca, known for the magnificent “7 Colors Mountain”. Drive up following the rail trail of the Train to the Clouds until San Antonio de los Cobres, visit Salinas Grandes a big Salt Flat, Cuesta del Lipan. and arrive in Purmamarca. Overnight. Evening at leisure.
Day 7 Quebrada de Humahuaca/ Tilcara/Jujuy/Salta—Full day excursion to Quebrada de Humahuaca, visit Tilcara (one of the latest Inca’s fort). During the return to Salta, visit of Jujuy. Arrival and overnight.
Day 8 Salta/Cafayate/Salta—Full day excursion to Calchaquies Valleys. Arrive at Cafayate village (400 km aprox). Enter Quebrada del Rio las Conchas, declared Natural Monument’s by UNESCO, see different shapes: “The Amphitheater, Devil’s Throat, The monk, The Castles. Arrive at Cafayate, located in the Calchaquies Valleys, surrounded by vineyards where the famous Torrontés white wine is produced. In Cafayate, San Carlos, Angastaco, Molinos y Cachi, Spanish traditions and customs are still kept in relation to art, architecture, as well as religious imagery. Return to Salta.
Day 9 salta/buenos aires— Transfer to airport and flight to Buenos Aires. Transfer to the hotel.
Day 10 Buenos Aires—Panoramic view of Buenos Aires: 9 de Julio Avenue (the largest avenue in the world), Plaza de Mayo, Casa Rosada (the Government House), the Cathedral, the Parliament, the traditional suburbs: San Telmo (the historical neighbourhood), La Boca, Palermo Parks and Recoleta. Afternoon at leisure. In the evening, pick up for dinner and tango show in a famous local place.
Day 11 Buenos Aires—Today at leisure. Optional excursions available.
Day 12 BUENOS AIRES—After breakfast transfer to airport.
Dates & Prices - On Request
- Accommodation in hotels with breakfast with categories specified
- In Buenos Aires, transfers with private car
- In the North-west transfers
- Mentioned excursions in regular with Spanish/ English speaking guide
- Transfers to dinner tango show and return to hotel
- Dinner (3 courses) with beverages (non-alcoholic, wine and beer) in Tango
- Optional Tours
- Early check-in or late check-out
- Meals, except the ones mentioned in program
- Entrances fees at museums
- Train to the Clouds in Salta
- Items not mentioned
Price per person in U.S. Dollars. Minimum 2 passengers.
Rates & hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply.
Rates not valid at Christmas, New Year , Easter, Carnival or long weekends.