Argentina Cycling Tour ~ 12 Day
- For cycling enthusiast, this is a fantastic way to visit Argentina with a combination of moderate cycling and sight seeing tours on an adventure of a life time!
- Bike across magnificent paths at Escondido & Fagnano Lakes and canoe through Escondido Lake
- Enjoy shopping at the Salta Handicraft Market. Famous Torrontes white wine. Magnificent "7 Colours Mountain"
- Tour Code: AZTAA14-18
For cycling enthusiast, this is a fantastic way to visit Argentina with a combination of moderate cycling and sight seeing tours on an adventure of a life time! Highlights: Bike across magnificent paths at Escondido & Fagnano Lakes and canoe through Escondido Lake. Enjoy shopping at the Salta Handicraft Market. Famous Torrontes white wine. Magnificent “7 Colours Mountain”.
Itinerary - click for more
Day 1 Buenos Aires—Arrival in Buenos Aires. Meet & greet transfer to hotel. Afternoon city bike tour. Visit the cities of Puerto Madero, La Boca, San Telmo & Plaza de Mayo and San Martin Square. Duration of the tour: 3 –4 hours. Rest of the evening free.
Day 2 Buenos Aires— At 09:30 meet at San Martin Square, take the train with the bikes to El Tigre (1 hour trip). Visit the town. Then back on the train with next stop at the San Isidro neighborhood and from there bike along a beautiful path to the next train station, board the train to come back to the city, finishing where we started. Duration of the tour: 4 ½ – 5 hours. Rest of the day free.
Day 3 Buenos Aires/ Ushuaia—Transfer to domestic airport for flight to Ushuaia. Arrival in Ushuaia, meet & greet transfer to hotel. Accommodation at 3* hotel.
Day 4 Ushuaia—Pick up early in the morning for full day tour to Escondido and Fagnano Lakes, mountain bike 2 hours across magnificent paths and canoeing through Escondido Lake. At noon we will stop to enjoy a great lunch with famous Argentine grill meat “Asado” with beverages. Return to hotel.
Day 5 Ushuaia—Pick up in the morning for 1/2 day excursion to Tierra del Fuego National Park. Panaoramic view of Beagle Channel. Return to hotel. Rest of the day free.
Day 6 Ushuaia/ Salta—Transfer to the airport; flight to Salta; meet, greet & transfer to hotel. Accommodation at 4* hotel.
Day 7 Salta—Salta (pretty one). 1/2 day city tour, visiting: the Cathedral, San Francisco
Church, San Bernardo Convent; the Town Hall, the Historic Museum of the North, craft market and the San Bernardo Hill, The Church of San Francisco. Looms and silver objects can be bought at the handicraft market. Return to hotel. Rest of the day free.
Day 8 Salta—Pick up from hotel for 1/2 day biking just outside the city in an area full of vegetation, touring different trails, crossing streams and rivers. Rest of the day free.
Day 9 Salta/ Cafayate—Full day excursion to Cafayate. Departure from Salta to Lerma Valley, an important tobacco manufacturing area. Enter Quebrada del río las Conchas (declared Natural Monument’s by UNESCO) due to the colorful mountains and its formation; we will see the different shapes like: “The Amphitheater, Devil’s Throat, The Monk, The Castles. Arrival at Cafayate, where the famous Torrontes white wine is produced. In Cafayate, San Carlos, Angastaco, Molinos y Cachi, Spanish traditions and customs are still kept, Arrival and accommodation at hotel 3*.
Day 10 Cafayate—Free day to enjoy this beautiful town by bike or walking. You can tour the brand new Museum of Wine.
Day 11 Cafayate / Buenos Aires—Back to Salta with regular bus. Transfer to airport. Flight from Salta to Buenos Aires. Arrival, meet & greet transfer to hotel. Accommodation at hotel 3*. In the evening, pick up from hotel to enjoy a gorgeous Dinner & Tango show at Cafe Tortoni.
Day 12 Buenos Aires—Departure hotel to airport transfer.
- Accommodation in 3* hotels in Buenos Aires, Ushuaia and Cafayate and 4* in Salta City, breakfast included.
- In Buenos Aires, transfers with private car
- In Salta and Ushuaia transfer in regular
- Ticket regular bus from Cafayate to Salta
- Excursions in standard service with English speaking guide
- Excursion National Park Tierra del Fuego in Ushuaia, park fees included
- Lunch during excursion Fagnano & Escondido Lakes, with beverages.
- Beverages with dinner at Café Tortoni
- Early check in or late check out
- Flights, Tips & Gratuities, City Tax (if applicable, paid locally)
- Items & expenses of a personal nature, and any items not mentioned in “ Included”.
2018 Price are per person in U.S. Dollars. Minimum 2 passengers.
Rates & hotel availability are subject to change. High season surcharges may apply.
Rates not valid at Christmas, New Year , Easter, Carnival or long weekends.