- Experience Bordeaux Wine Region
- St. Emilion Village Walking Tour
- Wine tastings in 3 carefully selected Classified Châteaus
- Tour Code: FRVI521
Many of us may have sampled a fine Bordeaux in the comfort of our own homes, but this bears no comparison to drinking the wine in its region of origin. This tour of Bordeaux—which was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2007—will allow you to do just that. From perusing around the city of Bordeaux’s 18th Century architecture (including its stunning cathedral) with a knowledgeable guide, to trekking around the villages and wineries of Saint Émilion (where you’ll get to taste complex Merlot wines at a Grand Cru winery) there’s something to enjoy for vinophiles and historians alike. One of the highlights will also be visiting the Medoc wine region, which is where some of Bordeaux’s most famous wineries and charming Chateaux are located.
Itinerary - click for more
Day 1: Arrival Bordeaux
Independent arrival in Bordeaux. Check into your hotel, afternoon at leisure. Overnight in Strasbourg.
Day 2: Bordeaux & St. Emilion Wines and Village Tour
This morning you will join an interesting walking tour of the city with a knowledgeable guide. You will visit some of the city’s most remarkable 18th-century architecture, as well as the highlights of the UNESCO World Heritage area. In the afternoon, join a small group to discover the wines and village of Saint Émilion. Begin the tour with the visit of a carefully selected Grand Cru winery that elaborates complex Merlot-based red wines. Then follow your guide on a walking tour of the village before returning to Bordeaux. Overnight in Bordeaux.
Depart for the Medoc wine region where some of the most famous wineries of Bordeaux are located. Travel along the Château Route through famous appellations such as Margaux, Saint-Julien, Pauillac or Saint Estephe. This full-day tour has been designed as an introduction to the wines and blends of the left bank in which Cabernet Sauvignon is king. Your day consists of visits and wine tastings in 3 carefully selected Classified Châteaus (wineries) that produce delicious wines. Overnight in Bordeaux.
Independent departure transfer.
- Three Nights Hotel with daily breakfast
- Shared walking tour of Bordeaux,
- Guided Small Group tour to St. Emilion with wine tastings, Full Day
- Small Group Tour Medoc with wine tastings, Full Day
- Vat Taxes
- Arrival and Departure Transfer
- Lunches and dinners not mentioned in the inclusions;
- Entrance to monuments and archaeological sites not listed in the program
- City Tax to be paid on the spot
- Gratuities and extra items of personal nature and Items not listed in the inclusions
Hotels or Similar
- Hotels in Bordeaux: Hotel La Maison Bord'eaux, Villa Victor Louis, Seze
Tour Type: Private Journey
Private arrival and departure transfers on request
Grade level moderate
Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
2021 Dates & Rates
|Friday Departure - 29 Oct||Rate Each Single||Rate Each Double|
- This Itinerary can be modified according to your wishes and needs both in its duration and in its content.
The CAD ($) rate is indicative of Euro price and subject to change.
Price per person in CAD $ Dollars.