West Highlands By Train
- Discover Edinburgh medieval Old Town and elegant Georgian New Town
- Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile
- Oban, Stirling, Fort William
- Option could be to take the ferry to the Isles of Mull, Iona and Staffa (ferry not included).
- Option Jacobite Steam Train made famous by the Harry Potter movies
- Tour Code: SCSH222
Sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery surrounding Scotland’s West Highland Railway Line recently merited the route the title of ‘Worlds Best Railway Journey’ ~ as voted by the readers of Wanderlust Magazine.
The route from Glasgow to Fort William, and onward to the west coast at Mallaig, passes sparkling lochs, rugged mountains and sheltered glens.
Itinerary - click for more
This comprehensive 7 night holiday best taken during the March to December is designed to allows you to travel at your own speed and length of stopovers.
Combine this with time to explore the attractions of the capital city, Edinburgh, an optional boat and bus tour of the Inner Hebrides islands of Mull, Iona and Staffa, optional steam train day trip, and an afternoon at leisure in the great Victorian city of Glasgow, this tour is an ideal way to see the best of Scotland without the need to drive.
Day 1: Start your West Highland Adventure by spending a couple of days in Scotlands City Edinburgh. Using your Scottish Heritage Pass visit Edinburgh Castle plus many more historic sights while exploring the city.
Day 2: Using your railcard take the train to Stirling and visit Stirling Castle using your pass and perhaps the Wallace Monument (entry fee not included).
Day 3: From Edinburgh take the train to Oban and enjoy the remainder of the day exploring the local area.
Day 4: Spend the day exploring the lovely town of Oban. An option could be to take the ferry to the Isles of Mull, Iona and Staffa (ferry not included).
Day 5: Take the train from Oban to Fort William and enjoy some local sightseeing at leisure.
Day 6: You can take the Jacobite Steam Train made famous by the Harry Potter movies (not included on rail pass) or take the regular train service to Mallaig using your pass. You will pass over the historic Glenfinnan Viaduct before returning back to Fort William later in the day.
Day 7: From Fort William take the train to Glasgow. You can visit the Kelvingrove Museum and explore the city at leisure for the remainder of the day.
Day 8: After breakfast departure at your leisure. ***end of services***
- Eight Day Independent Tour
- 7 nights 4* hotel accommodation on a bed & breakfast basis
- Accommodation 2 nights in Edinburgh 2 nights in Oban 2 nights in Fort William 1 night in Glasgow
- Transport Rail Pass ~ 4 days unlimited travel within an 8 day period
- Scottish Heritage Pass entry to Historic Scotland & National Trust Scotland properties, the Great Houses & other places of interest
- Vat Taxes
- International Air Travel
- Admission to monuments not mentioned
- Meals Items of personal nature and Items not listed in the inclusions
- Local Tourist taxes
2022 Dates & Rates
|April to October||Each Based Sharing Double|
|Rates starting from||$2400|
The CAD ($) rate is indicative of Euro price and subject to change.
Price per person in CAD $ Dollars.