Jewels of Europe – 13 Days
DAY 1 (SUNDAY): ARRIVAL VILNIUS: Arrival in Vilnius, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
DAY 2 (MONDAY): VILNIUS: Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
DAY 3 (TUESDAY): VILNIUS-RIGA: Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
DAY 4 (WEDNESDAY): RIGA: Before we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
DAY 5 (THURSDAY): RIGA: Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
DAY 6 (FRIDAY): RIGA-TALLINN: The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
DAY 7 (SATURDAY): TALLINN: Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
DAY 8 (SUNDAY): TALLINN-HELSINKI: This day offers first an optional day excursion to Lahemaa National Park, where we visit Palmse Manor, a memorial to the von Pahlen family, and Sagadi Manor. The tour ends with a visit to the charming 16th century Vihula Manor and the Vodka Museum. After lunch break, we head back to Tallinn to take the ferry to Helsinki and enjoy a refreshing tour through the Finnish archipelago before arriving in Helsinki. Upon arrival we are transferred to our hotel and check-in at Hotel Glo Art**** or similar.
DAY 9 (MONDAY): HELSINKI: Helsinki is truly located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The sightseeing tour takes us around the harbours and the Senate Square with the Lutheran Cathedral, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in-the-Rock. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, an oasis in the midst of the city with cottages, farmsteads and manors from all around Finland.
DAY 10 (TUESDAY): HELSINKI-ST. PETERSBURG: Today we continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg, where we take time for a short sightseeing tour and a photo-stop at Vyborg Castle. In the late afternoon we arrive in St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar.
DAY 11 (WEDNESDAY): ST. PETERSBURG: St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”. During the morning sightseeing tour we get acquainted with all the splendours of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian „champagne” and snacks.
DAY 12 (THURSDAY): ST. PETERSBURG: The morning is reserved for an optional visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, an optional visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch.
DAY 13 (FRIDAY): ST. PETERSBURG DEPARTURE: Optional transfer to the airport.
- 12 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 12 buffet breakfast
- Dinner at hotels (12 – 3 course dinner with coffee/tea)
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace, medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn, Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki and Peter-and-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg
- Service of English speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Ferry ticket Tallinn-Helsinki OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels
GUARANTEED DEPARTURE DATES:
24.07-05.08.16 / 31.07-12.08.16 / 07.08-19.08.16 / 14.08-26.08.16
21.08-02.09.16 / 28.08-09.09.16 / 04.09-16.09.16 / 11.09-23.09.16
Rates Per Person Double: Euro 1646.00 / $2469.00 CAD
Single Supplement: Euro 708.00 / $1065.00 CAD
Optional Add-On Tours:
- Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva: EUR 40.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 63.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: EUR 46.00 pp
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas: EUR 46.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: EUR 58.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Open Air Museum: EUR 46.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 42.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 46.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant La Boheme: EUR 46.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 46.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 46.00 pp
- 6-hour excursion to Lahemaa National Park: EUR 82.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Seurasaari Open-Air Museum: EUR 52.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace: EUR 82.00 pp
- Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: EUR 58.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace: EUR 88.00 pp
- 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum: EUR 58.00 pp
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch: EUR 46.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky to airport: EUR 82.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 110.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
We’re eager to hear from you!
Contact our Professional & Expert Team to assist you:
TOLL FREE: 1.800.661.2221 or TEL: 250.764.3039
Price per person in CAD Dollars. Price indicative of Euro Exchange, CAD price subject to change.
Rates & hotel availability subject to change.